Despite its economic changes over the last decades, Laos is still one of the most underdeveloped countries in the world. The truth is that almost a quarter of the overall 6.8 million citizens of Laos live beneath the poverty line. As a consequence, families living in the poor areas do not have the time to take care of their youngest children when they have the chance to work. And this is where volunteers' helping hands are needed! The children you will be taking care of as a volunteer in Laos are typically between two and four years old. As an education volunteer in laos, you will have a variety of different tasks such as:
- interacting with the children
- teaching basic English words
- teaching life skills and basic hygiene to the children
- supervising (feeding, washing, dressing)
- keeping the kindergarten organized and cleaned
You see that there are also different tasks that you need to take care of besides from interacting with the children.