Primate Behaviour Research Internship with Howlers
- Break free from your classroom routine and gain hands-on field experience alongside award-winning experts.
- Enjoy the incredible opportunity to study the highly adaptable arboreal black-&-gold howler monkeys in a variety of different habitats, from riparian forests to the city parks.
- Make lifelong friends from all over the world that are just as passionate about wildlife and conservation as you are, while gaining insights into the open and laid-back Paraguayan culture.
- Contribute to long-term conservation in a country with a record of extreme habitat loss.
- Take control of every step of your own scientific project to boost your resume and kick-start your primate career!
About the program
Design your own research project with the Black-&-Gold Howler Monkeys of Paraguay, while contributing to long-term conservation of their highly endangered habitats!About Para La Tierra
Fundación Para La Tierra is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of fragile habitats in Paraguay. Our vision is to change the course of Paraguayan environmentalism by inspiring people to appreciate the value of nature. We are working together with ...
Daily activities will vary depending on your internship focus area, season, local events, and other factors. A typical day for a primate behaviour research intern might look like:
- 05:00: Wake up and prepare yourself some coffee, tea, porridge or bread with the utensils provided by us.
- 05:30: Our ...
The quaint city of Pilar is the capital of Ñeembucú, tucked away in a quiet corner of Paraguay. The 'City of Birds' doesn't get its name from nothing, you will be able to spot a multitude of bird species when strolling through the streets. And it's also home to a myriad of other animals: The ...
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
Meet your organization
Non-profit - founded in 2010
Verified by Volunteer World